On April 1, 1950, George T. Sanders and his wife Pauline opened up a small company to supply sheet metal and other material to heating contractors in Denver, Colorado. The business opened at 1111 Stout Street in downtown Denver. In 1952, the Company outgrew its original location and moved to 7821 West Colfax Avenue in Lakewood.
In 1962, the Company made a decision to expand into the plumbing business. In 1966, the Company began to stock copper pipe. Fast forward to today, the George T. Sanders Company is one of the most successful plumbing supply houses in the state of Colorado and is one of the largest suppliers of copper pipe to plumbing and mechanical contractors in the state.
In July of 1972, Mr. George T. Sanders passed away. Mrs. Sanders became the interim president until management was turned over to her two sons, Gary T. and Norman P. Sanders. Later, in 1972, land was purchased at 10201 W. 49th Avenue. In 1973, a warehouse and office building was built. Shortly after, the Company moved into the building that became the headquarters of the George T. Sanders Company.
Under the leadership of Gary T. Sanders, branch operations were added to expand geographically, as shown in the timeline below.